Good Equipment

A friend once told me that people who live in really snowy places say that there is no bad weather, only bad equipment.  So? In honor of a wet week, I want to talk about walking in the rain.  I am still doing the step challenge. That means that I generally don’t except rides, or taxis or anything else besides my feet, even if it’s raining. I don’t do umbrellas. I really never was comfortable with umbrellas, even before I started to use my hands to reach for support. I have “the best raincoat on the planet.” It only really fails me in a downpour.  When in doubt bring it with me, because the difference between success and failure in a sudden storm, is whether or not I have my coat.
I also have a very beaten up Vera Bradley quilted backpack, that my sister gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. What I didn’t know I needed. A quilted backpack soaks up a certain amount of water before it starts to truly leak.
So I have good equipment, but I really hope it stops raining sometime soon. I feel soggy.